Something Is Happening

Surprisingly, I actually enjoyed the gallery opening. I kinda get nervous asking people to show up to events of mine and I really like to avoid forced public interaction.

BUT, that being said, it was a really nice bonding moment for those of us in the class that did come. Honestly, the whole project and production of the show pulled our class together, from discussing which prints to choose, to installation, to the show itself.

Marshall McLuhan said, "Our new environment compels commitment and participation."
And I think this form of media succeeded in both of those tasks.

It might fair to say that this whole project really made us into more of a 'global village'... ;)

As far as my prints went, I was happy to hear my point was getting across clearly to the viewers. There is something quite gratifying about hearing your peers' opinions on your piece and having that be exactly what you wanted to portray.

Here is my Flickr if you want to check out the set one more time!



Comments

Popular Posts