my bad

your family
Character no longer is shaped by only two earnest, fumbling experts. Now all the world's a sage.

Hey.

Hello.

Hiya.

My name is Ursa. I'm new to a lot of things. The most recent and notable being this blog.

I would not jump to the word artist to describe myself. I utilize as much creative energy as I can muster in the projects I pursue, but all things considered, I'm kinda mediocre when it comes to the traditional stuff. My figure drawings are lumpy, my brush strokes are uneven, and my hands have been shaky from the get go. Honestly, I don't even know how to use technology for video or photography at a proficient level. THIS IS NOT A PITY PARTY THOUGH. I recognize the artistry that exists outside of traditional form. Despite my deficiencies, I attempt to do anything I can get my hands on.

Art is beautiful and mesmerizing and painful and striking and haunting and fun and imperfect. 

It is something that I cannot seem to absorb enough of.

I am, put most simply, a consumer of media, as most people are in our modern age. I observe the world around me and what I see influences my decisions in my reality. As McLuhan notes, media is now also responsible in our upbringing. We learn, grow, and mimic all from what we see, the media we are exposed to.



Media helps produce identity.

Cleo from 5 to 7 was a film that made me 
question my image to myself and others. 
Who am I to myself and everyone around me?


Untitled (Glass on Body Imprints)
Ana Mendieta was one of the first artists that made
me see the female body outside of the male gaze.
How do I see my body and who is it for?


My mom is probably the first person to introduce me
to art and let me be creative and have a space to explore.
What direction should I go?

I am constantly learning about myself through my experiences with
media in my life. Through my interaction with it, I am able to see myself more clearly.

Ultimately, I really don't know what I am doing, but that is part of what is so exciting. I am full of unanswered questions on the verge of finding answers. 

Or maybe none at all.




Comments

  1. I really enjoy your use of font size, color, and opacity to add extra flare to the point that you are trying to make, it is really unique and made this post very entertaining to read

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, art helps me understand myself better too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts